The Green Concept
The ConceptThe concept of sustainable cities will become the central focus of the day. Sustainable design, also called “green” or high performance building, provides economic, human and community benefits as well as reduced environment impact.
What is sustainable?Sustainable is a way of using natural products so that no damage is caused to the environment. Sustainable development is not a new idea. Sustainable development focuses on improving the quality of life for people without increasing the use of natural resources beyond the capacity of the environment.
Green BuildingA sustainable building, also known as a green building, is a structure that is designed, built, renovated, operated, or reused in an ecological and resource-efficient manner. Green buildings are designed to meet certain objectives such as:
- protecting occupant health
- improving employee productivity
- using energy, water, and other resources more efficiently
- reducing the overall impact to the environment.
The practices of Green Buildings
- Siting– protect and retain existing landscaping and natural features
- Energy efficiency– using renewable energy sources/energy efficiency product
- Materials efficiency– select the sustainable construction material
- Water efficiency– minimise wastewater and use recycle water
- Indoor air quality– better air-conditioning and ventilation system
To date, THE LIGHT has already received provisional GBI certification for most of the THE LIGHT LINEAR, THE LIGHT POINT, and THE LIGHT COLLECTION I.